About the Book
A.P.J. Abdul Kalam has been one of the most iconic figures of IndependentIndia. A scientist, leader, thinker, teacher and writer, he achieved remarkablesuccess in various fields. Yet, what endeared him to so many was hisdedication to the idea of a developed India, his simple and direct way ofinteracting with people and his deep love for his fellowmen.
In My Life Dr Kalam writes his life story starting from his days growing up atRameswaram; about working on India’s space and missile programmes; hisyears as the eleventh President of India; and about his life thereafter. Fullof anecdotes that demonstrate the importance of hard work, commitment,courage and innovative thinking, this autobiography is a wonderfulintroduction to a remarkable life. Beautifully illustrated and simply written,My Life will inspire readers of all ages.
* Dr Kalam is one of India’s most respected public figures and also theauthor of numerous best-selling titles.
* This is the first autobiography that addresses children.
* Describes well-know and lesser known events from his life.
* Easy to read, illustrated with BW drawings and inspiring, this book willappeal to both young and old readers.
* An ideal book for students and the youth.
About the Author
Born on 15 October 1931, at Rameswaram in Tamil Nadu, Dr Avul PakirJainulabdeen Abdul Kalam specialized in Aeronautical Engineering fromMadras Institute of Technology. Dr Kalam was one of the most distinguishedscientists of India and was awarded the Padma Bhushan (1981), the PadmaVibhushan (1990) and India’s highest civilian award, the Bharat Ratna(1997).
Dr Kalam became the eleventh President of India on 25 July 2002. Hisfocus and greatest ambition was finding ways to transform India into adeveloped nation.